what to expect from your first appointment
At A Plus Dentistry, each of our dentists share the philosophy that as the valued patient, your opinion on your dental health and needs should shape any dental appointments. Before any check-up, treatment or procedure, we will ask you a series of questions in order to form a comprehensive and effective approach to your oral health.
From this we will establish a custom dental treatment plan. We aim to build trust, and teach you the tools and expertise to help determine long term dental health. We understand that individual dental health is not only deeply personal, but also a key aspect to health and fitness. With us, you can rest assured that we will treat you as an individual, and according to your specific dental needs.
We pride ourselves on creating long lasting patient relationships. Each first appointment should include the following aspects. It will typically last from sixty to ninety minutes, with you spending time with both a Registered Dental Hygienist and a General Dentist.
● A periodontal screening including periodontal charting if necessary for gum disease
● A screening for possible signs of oral cancer
● Oral hygiene instructions
● Temporal mandibular joint (TMJ) and bite analysis
● Necessary digital dental x-rays
● Dental cleaning
● Oral exam, consultation and treatment plan
● Disclosure and discussion of any fees or insurance information.